fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's Swoonday!!

I decided today would be the day that I started my Swoon-along quilting project.  I was so excited when I started this morning.  These were the Reunion fat quarters I had decided to use.

 I had bought a bunch of a cream colored fabric that I think was supposed to go along with the Strawberry fields fabric I had.  I decided to go ahead and use it, even though it wasn't white.  I think I will like it.
 I cut out all the pieces for the first block.  I decided to only cut one block and then sew it before I cut and sew the next.  I will need to go slow and pay attention, to avoid having to rip any mistakes apart.  I already had two such mishaps with this one block.
 I also remembered that I had read about the quarter inch foot many people were using.  I thought I might have one.  I can't believe I never knew I had this thing!!  So I am now using it and it works great.
 Here is the first batch of pieces put together into their  units.  So far, so good...
 Now I have just nine units to join to each other.  I am very pleased, but anxious to get one block done.  V spent the night here last night and so I had to stop a few times to fix lunch and tend to other things going on.  My guess is it might have taken about 2 hours, start to finish.  It took longer this time.
And here  she is!!!  I L-O-V-E it!!!!!  The colors, the shape, how it came together and my points and joints were all pretty darn good even if I do say so myself.  The cream background fabric is nice.  It softens the whole thing up, which I like. 

So...one down, eight to go.
Happy sewing, friends.

No comments: