fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Stitchin'

Trying to get a few things done today.  And some sewing too.  I was able to get fleece inserts made for the crochet hats for my brother.  He lives in Vermont where it is very cold right now and with the chemo, he has no hair and I want to help him stay warm.  His daughter crocheted him 4 hats and I made fleece liners for them that will really help hold in the heat.

Then I finished up the Swoon block I started last night.  Had it all done and took it out to show the hubby.  His knit brow made me ask "What?"  "Is that supposed to be the other way?" he asked.  I looked and ...OOPS!  I turned one section the wrong way.

 So, I got out the ol' seam ripper and now it's fixed.  If you look on our Flickr group you might notice that I am not the only one who has had this happen.  While this pattern is not too difficult, it does require you to pay attention.
 Then I started on my Bee blocks for February.  Angie at Summerfield quilts has started the Comfort Quilt Bee to make quilts for Cancer patients.  This is my first ever bee and I am excited to participate.
Well, lots more to do, so back to the sewing room.
Have a great Sunday.

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Yes, it is very easy to get the blocks turned around on Swoon - I was so pleased with myself that it only happened once on my 2nd block. Love your fabrics! I'm sure your brother will appreciated the hats made with love. Good luck to him. o:)