fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, January 16, 2012

Lots Going on Here

So I did get some sewing done yesterday, in addition to some Swooning.  I had on my list to make some covers for the arms of the new couch, which I mentioned before.  V and my daughter M were here and we spent part of the afternoon knitting and crocheting and being comfy in the living room.  This is what that ends up looking like:

Lots of quilts everywhere.  But no matter.  So on to the couch arm covers.  I felt the need to protect them from dirt and such.  I thought I could make some and easily change them out if I want.  So I made two small quilts basically.


 And you can see the back is already protected with my Sunkissed squares quilt.
 I made the arm covers/quilts out of scraps.  Rather large-ish scraps, but I had nothing else in mind for them anyway.
 I stitched in the ditch to quilt them.  I figure I can go back and quilt more later if I want.
 It looks very bright and spring-like, even though it's January.  I love it!
Here's the whole thing, and the cathedral window pillows I made look good there too.  I plan to make more pillows eventually, 'cause I can and I like to.  And now, for my sister especially, some pictures of a few quilt squares for her new queen sized quilt.  I actually have 7 of these done, out of 20.  There will also be some half squares to do as well.  I wanted to get a look at how it was coming along.

 So I set the 6 squares on top of the rest of the focus fabric, which will also be the sashing later on.
 I think it gives a pretty good idea of how this thing will look.  We are planning to have it quilted by a professional long arm quilter.  I just don't really want to do another large quilt right now.
So what do you think sis?  Oh, and there is an envelope of scraps coming to you too this week.  You can start looking for drapes etc.
Happy sewing everyone.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love-Love-Love what you did with your couch! The cushions, the quilt on the back and the new arm covers! Just beautiful. That living room could be in California it is so sunny and warm looking.
And the sister quilt is looking spectacular!!