fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Odds and Ends

Lots going on, but mostly in progress stuff to show you today.  I have started sewing for Christmas.  I have made a list, sort of,  and am working on it.  Here are a few peaks at some of the stuff I am working on:

 I cut out all the pieces for making 5 of the 6 wristlet phone pouches I plan to make.  I have blogged about this pattern before here.  It goes together really quickly and easily.  It almost takes more time to cut out than it does to assemble it.
 This is a sneak peek of some blocks I am working on for the Leafs Me Happy blog hop that begins next week on Sew We Quilt.  I think my day is the 3rd.  I will verify that of course.  You should come check it out.  The last blog hop was great and this one will be as well.
 I am also working on some coin purses for another blog hop in November on Sew We Quilt.  I can't wait to make a couple of these.  I only bought 2 frames, but if this goes well, I will definitely be getting some more.
 These I whipped up this morning for baby B.  He is in the drooling phase now and in need of bibs.  Purl Bee had a tutorial for these (how timely) and I loved making them.  Needless to say, I will be making some more of these cute things as well.
 Lastly, with the change in the weather, Halloween is on the brain and V and I have been working after school to make lots of cool decorations which we will be putting up in a couple of weeks.  We made a list of all the things that meant Halloween to us and set out to make them.  These are the spiders we made out of pipe cleaners, pompoms and googly eyes.  We just glued the eyes to the pompoms and the pompoms to the pipe cleaners after twisting them together to form the legs. 
I hung them on the hurricane lamp and I have to say I think this is my favorite of the things we've made so far.
Hope you have a great week.

No comments: