fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday-Busy, Busy

Lots going on over here these days. So many projects, but I just can't seem to help myself. Lots of starts and a few finishes every couple of weeks. Not bad. Starting on some holiday sewing too. Here's what's up.
 Got a bunch of pieces cut out for holiday table runner. This is from a Warm Wishes bundle by Red Rooster fabrics. I won a $30 gift card to Ms Apple Heart's Etsy shop and this was what I chose.  This is the Etsy shop run by Madame Samm of Sew We Quilt. Pop over and check it out. Lots of great things, and the proceeds are going to help her assistant with college expenses. A win-win for all.
 Next, I have started the cuttin of pieces for the Fair Isle quilt sew along with Lee at Freshly Pieced. It doesn't start until tomorrow, but with all these pieces to cut out, I need all the extra time I can get. Can't wait to get sewing on this one.
 I have 2 of the 4 rows put together, pressed and on a hanger for J's new quilt. I hope to get this quilt top finished by next week. The goal is to get it quilted and ready for J when he comes for Thanksgiving. I need deadlines people. They keep me moving. Projects without deadlines languish around here.
 A couple of trick or treat bags for V and B. I did J's and took it to him a couple of weeks ago when I went to visit and drop off the Fall Wedding quilt to my daughter and her hubby.
 And while I was there, she asked if I could fix the binding on this quilt She made it in sewing class, way back in 1999. For some reason we mad a single fold binding and for a quilt that is loved and used as much as this one is, that was the wrong decision.
 I found enough of this in my stash to make a new double fold binding so I will be working on this too. Also with a Thanksgiving deadline so it can go back home with her.
 The sewing on the edges where the binding was are very irregular and the batting is so very thin now. I told my husband I think the fabric weighs more than the batting does for sure.
I do love seeing these older fabrics. I remember when we went to choose them. I had hoped I had another quilter in the family, but nope. This is the only quilt she ever made. She doesn't really like to sew. Oh, well. Hope your week is as productive as mine is shaping up to be. Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

No comments: