fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, November 21, 2011

A Finish!!

Finally I have another finish to show you.  I feel like I have been sewing and sewing but not any closer to getting anything finished.  Don't get me wrong, I do love the process, but when it comes to Christmas sewing, there is a sense of urgency.
 First, this is not Christmas related, but here is November's Birdie Stitches block.  I can't believe I have kept up for a whole year almost now!
 This is made from a charm pack of Countdown to Christmas.  I wanted something small to top this table in my living room.  It is not quilted so not bulky and since the charms are pinked around the edges, no hemming required.  Love it!  I might have to make some for other seasons.  Now the big finish...
 This quilt is for my brother's new niece.  She is just a few months old, but he wanted a quilt that she could grow into for years.  I love how it turned out.  There are lots of butterflies here.
 The fabric has butterflies and the quilting is, in part butterflies based on a quilt that Patricia of    Happy Days Quilting did for her daughter.
 Here is the back of the quilt, made from pieces of leftover fabric from the front.
 Down here at the bottom is my new label.  I will put a proper label with all the info on the quilt as well.
love the crinkly goodness

Essential dots for the binding, as well as the inner border

I'm sew happy with this!
 And one more almost finished...two pair of sleepover pajamas(Oliver + S) for Christmas for V and J.  All they need are buttons and elastic.  I am going to go shop for buttons soon.
Happy sewing and have a great week.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love how the special quilt for a special girl in Vermont turned out! Defiantly and heirloom she will adore forever