fabricologist

fabricologist

Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Tisket A Tasket

A green and yellow basket.  No, not really green and yellow, but I have made 3 of these now and I L-O-V-E them!!  There are tons of them popping up on the Noodlehead flickr site and each one is unique with all the great fabrics being used!

This was the first one I made:

I love it and the colors are so bright.  I wanted to use it for Baby B's toys at my house but...

They don't really fit and there aren't that many of them.  So what to do?  As I was thinking on that, I made this one...

Which I gave to my daughter.  But we both agreed it was a bit small for what we wanted to use it to hold.  So I asked Anna (Noodlehead) if she thought it could be made larger.  She said go for it.  So I did.  I added 2 inches to each side of the pattern.  Let me tell you, two inches didn't seem like much until I was done, but here it is:

 It measures 13 inches by 10 inches and it's 9 inches tall.  I really had no idea how it would finish, but I am pleased with it.  I had a bunch of Sherbet Pips in my stash from oh so long ago and I decided to use it up.  It worked, not much left now.
 On this one I decided to put the front pocket on it.  I had left it off of the other two.  I really like it and I think it is much more useful on this larger size.
 Baby elephant fits right in this pocket.  The pocket is divided in half with stitching in the center.
 This is the Bag with all the same toys in it as before, but you can see there is still lots of room for more toys.  Yay!
 Here are the two bags side by side for a comparison.  I am going to use the smaller one for my stitching stuff.  I do love that fabric!
For this bigger basket, I didn't have any more of the web handle on hand, so I made my own handles with fabric and some twill tape that came on a Moda fabric bundle.  I always save that stuff for just such an occasion.  If you want a perfect little basket, or even a bigger basket for gifting or storing stuff, this is an awesome and very easy project.  Go see Noodlehead and you can purchase the pattern there.  I can't say enough good things about this pattern.  Okay, enough gushing.  Gotta go to work.
Have a great day!



No comments: