fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, February 22, 2013

Making Progress

One of my goals for this year was to finish some of last years starts...before the end of this year.  I took a mini vacay from work and stayed home for 4 days.  I did not sew constantly, but I did get lots done.

 First, I got one of my two March blocks knocked out for the Sunday Morning Quilts Bee.  This one is for Jeepgirl300 who requested that I do cream scraps. Others are doing grey, brown and black for this elegant quilt for her livingroom.
 Then I pieced my first block for the Retro Flowers Quilt.  Technically, it's a new project, but I bought the pattern last year so, I am counting it as last year's project.  I scrapped all the fabrics I had pulled for this one which have been in a pile in my sewing room for months and started over with a new idea.  I will share it soon.
 Then I whipped up this Open Wide Pouch from some of my Noteworthy fabric that I had picked out.
 I love how big and open these are.  Pattern can be found on Noodlehead's blog.
 The bottom is a bright crosshatch fabric that I love.  The name escapes me right now.
 Next up is this top, finally finished.  It is made with Lawn from Connecting Threads.  I am going to "quilt" it to some white flannel and use it as a summer throw.  It is so soft!
The last thing is this little beauty.  My daughter bought the fabric bundle in NY at the Purl a few years ago. She had delusions of making a quilt.  She is a wonderful and prolific knitter, and she can sew, but it is not her passion like it is for me.  She cut the fabric into 2 inch squares and put it in a zip bag...that's it.  So after about 6 months or more, I offered to sew them into something for her.  This is what I came up with. It is about 45 inches square.  There are still more 2 inch squares, but I was done! Now to get it quilted.
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

I love the zipper bag and might just make one myself, they will make great Christmas gifts also. Your two quilt project came out great, love the colors.

Carol Swift said...

You've been busy! I love the zipper bag and the tiny squares you sewed into a quilt turned out beautiful. :O)