fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WIPs - WOW !

Lots of things have popped up in the last week. Let's get started, shall we?  Remember this quilt?

Well when it was finished. I was left with a lot of these little pieces and no idea what to do with them.

There were actually 192 of them I think. I kept trying to come up with something to do with them. I reached out to Amanda Jean for some advice.  I thought about it some more.  Then I paired them up and stitched them together.


And this is the pile. I need to clip all those curves and turn them and press them.  When that is done, they will meet up with these guys...

More on that later.  I also worked on two other WIPs this week.  First, this is the quilt I am working on for Baby B. I bought this cute Sasparilla fabric at the end of December, before my fabric fast.

 I knew I wanted to make him a quilt with it, but no plan in mind until it got here and I started thinking about it.  I came up with a sort of star pattern and sketched it out on graph paper.  I liked it so I started cutting.
 Well, I can't count very well and I don't have enough fabric to pull this off.  All I have is cut out, so too late to change course.  So (hangs head in shame) I had to order more of 4 of the fabrics. I only ordered 1/2 yards of each, the smallest I could get. I had to get them from two different places to get all four. It felt so wrong to order fabric. But I have to get this finished somehow. So...moving on...
 And I am a bit more that half way finished with the quilting on last Wednesday's WIP. At my hubby's suggestion, I am quilting swirls.
If you look closely, you can see the swirls are taken from the aqua swirly fabric in the quilt.  This is turning out so cool. Well, that's it for me this week. Maybe by next week at least one of these will be a finish. We are expecting snow and ice here in the next 48 hours. I just hope the power stays on. Stay warm, ya'll. Talk to you soon. Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.



3 comments:

happydaysquilting said...

Very cool quilting :)

Leslie said...

i love the simple patchwork....those colors are great

knottygnome said...

love the swirl quilting!