fabricologist

fabricologist

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Splendid Saturday

I love using alliteration in my blog post titles. It is fun to think of them. Here is number 2 in my older quilts posts.
 This bargello quilt dates to 2002. I bought a book about this style of quilting and I really wanted to make one. It was fun, not too hard and I loved the way it turned out. The hardest part was figuring out the order of the colored strips so that when it was done, the pattern would really show. This is the only one of these I ever made, although there were at least a dozen different ones in the book.
 It hung in our living room for quite some time, until we decided to get rid of the ugly 70's paneling and brown shag carpet in about 2005 or 2006.
 Here are a couple of other leftovers from the 70's. lol
Today, you get a bonus. Another old quilt:
 When my brother finally found, and married the love of his life, she came to the family with two beautiful daughters, who eventually married and gave them grandchildren. This quilt was made for the first of those babies, a sweet, beautiful little girl. This quilt was made in 2007.
Not sure why I chose this pattern, but I love the way the star glows and the colors are girly enough. I think the yellow makes the star radiate. The background fabric is dragon flies. I love this quilt to this day. Have a wonderful Saturday. Let's do this again, shall we?

2 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Haha, I too have a version of the lone star quilt... the fabrics in mine are quite dated, but I have often pulled it, looked at it, wondered about finishing it, and then popped it back in the wardrobe!!! maybe one day when what was once old is new again! Linda

charlotte said...

Do it! I love finishing old quilts. Still have a few of those myself.