fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, July 13, 2017

We're Really Sewing Here

I feel like I am really getting my sewing groove on here. I have ideas for quilts and garments and am sewing most every day, at least a little bit. After my daughter and granddaughter were here for a long weekend visit, I have even more inspiration to sew some cute little dresses. So that is coming in the very near future. I have some fabrics, but I just ordered a few more. More on that soon too. For today, here is what we have going on:
 Middle daughter shopped my stash last winter an set aside a box of fabrics she liked. She requested some small wall hanging size quilts for her home. Yesterday, I revisited Melissa Corry's tutorial on flying geese blocks. She has a very easy method with no wasted fabric. I know, crazy, right? No scraps.
 The first set I made, I cut the large squares out of the wrong fabric and I only had about a quarter yard, but I worked it out. I will put the rest of these together and see how they look. The other one will get quilted.
 And this is the back of a pincushion made from leftovers, just to see how small I could go.
 EEEP!! So small and cute. This pin cushion thing may be getting out of control.
 Then, I finally bound this one up. I put it together without a recipient last year, to try out the plus design. It is now destined for a soon to arrive baby I know.
 I love the fabrics in this one and I think they go very well together. Lots of cute prints.
 And a nice bright back as well. Nothing better that a two sided quilt for a baby, right?
 I quilted scallops all around the cat border and then at my hubby's suggestion, wavy lines in the blue border. I love how it turned out.
 This is going to make a certain mama and baby really happy. I am thrilled to be able to send her this.
And a bright, colorful binding and my label. Now, gotta find a box and the address. See you tomorrow with another finish that I have yet to photograph. Have a lovely Thursday.

1 comment:

Richard Healey said...

Cute quilts thanks for sharing.