fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, December 15, 2017

A Quilt Full of Hugs

Well, I finished my hugs quilt today. It took me almost two weeks, but at least 3 of those days were no sewing days, so they don't count. My friend will receive her quilt this weekend when I see her, and it is a surprise. So, here it is:


 I used all fabrics from my stash for the top. I googled X quilt block to get dimensions and then I just cut and cut and then chain pieced for days to make this 63 inch square throw quilt.
 I know there are parts where there is less definition between fabrics, but up close, it's a beauty.
 The back is all pink, a fabric I picked up at Joann. I just really didn't want to take the time to piece the back for this one. I wanted it done and in her hands.

 The red binding goes well with both sides and frames the quilt up nicely. I have had that in my stash for years and am glad it found a home.
 I used a cookie cutter to trace a heart in the center and then quilted hearts one inch apart from there outward. It does lose some of the definition, but I still love it.
Quilt inspector Pouncer came by to put her paw of approval on the quilt. She knows a good one when she feels it.
       Got my label and I wrote the date with a micron pen on the back.
 And now it's ready to be gifted and I am happy to have it complete. Now, on to my December Penny Sampler Quilt lesson. I have to finish that so I can put that year long project together. I have decided to hand quilt it, so that may take awhile. Don't worry, I will have lots of other projects going on to show you while I hand quilt. Have a great weekend. Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts

4 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

The quilt has a wonderful welcome look. I am sure the recipient will be thrilled!

Karen S said...

Lovely work and a wonderful finish. A lovely gift.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your finish. LOVE the quilting you did!! Your friend is sure to appreciate this lovely gift quilt.

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful quilt and a great idea for the quilting!