fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, March 11, 2018

A Few Finishes

So I have been making things. Not just quilts. I am going to visit my Children and grandchildren soon and I will take all the things with me to save on shipping. My husband says if I make much more, I will have no room for my clothes. Here is some of what I have made.
 First, this small quilt made from a pattern by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. I love all the bluebirds and the one redbird. I have been wanting to get this pattern for ages, and I finally did. Gotta get a back ready and get it quilted. This will be pretty simple.
 My little Noodle needed another pair of pants. She has a pair of these I made about 4 years ago for her brother with puppies all over them, but when I got this ABC fabric from Heather Ross' new line, this is what they had to become.
 The green is really more vibrant than the pictures. This pattern is Anna Maria Horner's Quick Change Trousers. The inside fabric, which is the same as the cuffs and the back panel, is a Jeni Baker print from a few years ago.
And this cute skirt! This is also an Anna Maria Horner pattern. The pocket on the front is like a hoodie pocket; it goes all the way through so your hands can touch. It is fully lined. This was so simple to make, I want to make more, but I will wait to see how it fits first.
And last, but not least, my new labels came. I have long been wanting to order woven labels. My printed ones have been great, but after a bunch of washes, they fade pretty badly. For quilts that get used a lot, that's not good. I saw many makers are using Dutch Label Shop, so I gave them a try. I haven't sewn one in yet, but very soon. I am very pleased with how these came out. My opinion, not a paid advertisement.

That's it for now. Have a lovely Sunday my friends.

3 comments:

Karen S said...

Lots of lovely projects! The quilt looks great. Good luck with the quilting. Love the little pants. great pattern. And i love the skirt too. May have to hunt up that pattern for my grandies. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lady Jane said...

Love the little duds. Love your quilt. hugs, lj

Createology said...

Love your cute little trousers and skirt. I loved sewing for my little girls. And the bird quilt is super cute. Safe Travels and you can always buy clothes to wear after you get there. LOL