fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Birdie Birdie

I finished the Birdie Birdie quilt last week. Life has been a bit busy, so this is my first chance to post about it. I bought a new computer, as my old one was 8 years old and getting slower by the day. Posting had become very difficult. So this is the first post on the new computer. Hurray!
 So here are my birdies. This is pattern from Lorna at Sew Fresh quilts. I had wanted to make this for a long time, and finally bought the pattern. I love these sweet little birdies.

 I selected a multi colored stripe for the binding. It has all the colors that are in the quilt and sets it off quite nicely.
 I used up my leftover background fabric and a couple of other pieces to make the backing. I bought the birds on the lines fabric from Spoonflower a few years ago but could never figure our where to use it until now.
And this is the first use of my new labels I ordered from Dutch Label Shop. I am super pleased with these new labels.

I will be off to North Carolina this week to visit the Grandchildren. So, no sewing or blogging for the next two weeks, but lots will happen when I return. Have a great rest of your weekend.

2 comments:

Karen S said...

Great finish. Your birdie quilt is wonderful. Love the fun striped border and the bird fabric on the backing. And great to see you using your labels.

Createology said...

Very Sweet Tweet Birdie Qult with the perfect backing fabric and your custom label. Safe Travels and soak up every minute of your Grands...<3