fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Kingfisher Stitch Along

I have never (until now) had a desire to EPP hexagons. I have seen it done many times on blogs over the 8 years I have been on the internet doing this blogging thing, but never once did I want to do it. Until now. Rachel from Stitched in Color has a way of making me want to be a part of these projects.  She and Jodi from Tales of Cloth are hosting this thing. I don't know why. Maybe it's because she makes it look so doable or so much fun. I'm not sure. But I have been convinced once again to join up. So here is my start at this thing.
I decided to use my Ombre Confetti Metallic for the hexies. I love the look of these.
                 So I made a bunch of them...
And then I made some more. I am not quite finished with making them, but I decided to stop and start assembling some into flowers.
The other thing I am doing is to audition some low volume fabrics for the diamonds that the hexie flowers will be appliqued to. These are a few of my ideas.
 This is my very first flower all assembled. I am trying to get the ombre color gradient to work here.
And these are my first four flowers on one of my background pieces of fabric. The centers of the flowers will all be done in the yellow ombre confetti metallic or in some yellow ombre I had on hand. There are 46 flowers to be made. So far I am really enjoying all this hand stitching. There's still time to join us if you have a mind to. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Well done. I think you may have caught the bug!!