fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Long Term Project

So I started this project several years ago. I'm not sure when, but it was before I moved 2 1/2 years ago. I began making my yellow slab, thinking that when I used up all my yellow scraps, or when it was big enough, I would quilt it.
Well I finally took it out and began on it again. I finished the slab and got it pin basted. I ended up using my pink lemonade jelly roll quilt top for the back. It was almost the perfect size. I had decided to do some machine and some hand stitching on it.


And in this polka dot area, I decided to tie it. This is just a long term meandering, do as you please project. If it sits for awhile, that's okay. I will work on it as the spirit moves me.
 The hand stitching is Pearl cotton in #12 size. I love how easy it is and I really want it to be visible.
 I am letting each section speak to me about what it needs. I know it will take awhile to finish.
 But I like the idea of a long term, slow stitching project. It is perfect for the summer time and when it is finished, It will make all my days sunny.
Some of these fabrics are nearly 20 years old! I bought them when I was just looking for something to go with something else for a quilt, with no thought to designers or collections. I sort of long for those easier days of fabric buying.

Have you ever done a long term project? How long did it take you, start to finish?
Have a lovely day.

3 comments:

suzanprincess said...

I love your idea of using different quilting methods. Your results look great, and inspire me to try this myself.

Karen S said...

Lovely idea and a great way to use a favourite colourway.

Angela said...

Beautiful quilt!!