fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Christmas Time is Busy Time

Lots of sewing projects going on here. I scarcely have time in the day to work on all of them. I guess it's good that I keep busy, though. And holiday cookie baking begins today. So, let's see what I've been up to.
 First up is my Dear Dottie quilt. I made the baby size in a quilt along with Rachel of Stitched in Color. I do plan to make another in a limited pallet soon.


 I am doing some very dense straight line quilting on my Dear Dottie. I am almost finished with it.
And here is the back. I don't think I could ever do this much quilting on a larger quilt, but for this size, I am loving it.
 And all these next photos are my Tomte blocks from the sew along with Sue of Moss and Lotus. All the patterns here, plus some new one are available in her Etsy shop.




 They have been so much fun to make. They are all paper pieced, so if that's your thing, go check it out.
 I made a new reindeer head for my middle daughter. I got this pattern years ago. It is still available on line, but the links with the directions are nowhere to be found any longer. It was a bit of a challenge to assemble, but since I had made 3 of these in the past, I finally figured it out.
 I bought a bunch more tiny bottle brush trees to add to the holiday decor. I love these cuties.
 I got myself an early gift of some LED lights for my sewing machine and all I can say is WOW! They sure do make a difference. They weren't too expensive either, so I can't believe I waited this long to help out these old eyes of mine.
 And here is the first of 4 Santa ornaments I am making for the grand children for next year. It is the Twelve Days of Christmas ornament from Mmm Crafts. I figure I can work at a slower pace and do it right. No rush. That will make next year even easier for me. Yay!
Well, lots to do today, so I gotta run. Talk to you soon.

No comments: