fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Ringing Out the Old and Ringing in the New

Here we are at the end of the year. It seems like each year goes by faster and faster, like a boulder rolling down a mountainside. I have accomplished much this year.
 I crocheted a blanket for my middle child. This is the woodland blanket by Attic 24.
 I started Bonnie Hunter's Good Fortune Mystery. I still haven't finished it, but I have it on my to do list for this year.
 I made three quilts for my brother to gift to his step daughter and her two children.
 I participated in a few sew alongs this year as well. I enjoy the community of sewing with others and seeing how we each interpret a pattern.
I crocheted another blanket for my oldest, also an Attic 24 pattern. I have re-discovered my love of crocheting. I am currently trying to finish up another blanket.
I also did my first three craft fairs this year. I wanted to earn money to help pay for my sewing supplies, and I did. It also allows me to make lots of little things that I enjoy making that are not quilts or clothing.

For the new year, I do plan to enter a few craft fairs. I have crochet to look forward to as well as plenty of sewing time. I hope to find my blogging voice a bit more often this year. It's tough enough to make the time to sit down to write, but I need pictures too, and that is the hardest part for me. I hope to make the time to take and download the pictures I feel I need to be present  here. I do make a lot of things. I sew or crochet or hand stitch every day, now to document it.

Happy new year friends. I hope 2020 is all you want it to be.

No comments: