fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Happy Fall

 Well, now it is officially fall, or Autumn, if you prefer. Days are getting shorter, temperatures are cooling down a bit. It's awesome! Here's what I have been doing the last couple of weeks.

I made all these balls of fabric "yarn" from string scraps that I have been saving for the past two years. A number of years ago, Crazy Mom had a tutorial on how to crochet or knit a throw rug with these. I have made a few of them over the years. I want to do one more. This will be my last. I'm not saving these kinds of scraps any more.
This was the table as I sorted all the scraps. After I made the very first one, I decided to sort into color groups and I like the look it gives me much better.

It takes about 3 pounds of this yarn to crochet a decent size rug. The blue is the largest ball I have and you  can see it is close to a pound. I weighed all the balls and together there is 4.8 pounds, so this will be a sizeable rug.

I also finished this lovely EPP piece. I am going to look for a backing fabric so I can remove the papers and quilt it. I will finish the edges without binding. That should be interesting. 

I hope you are all doing well. I will be back with more projects to share.


1 comment:

Karen S said...

There's a lot of work involved just getting all the strips organised before even making the rug. Worth all the preparation to make it easier to work on when you do get started.
Lovely work on the EPP piece, too.