fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Dear Dottie #2

 I have finally finished my second Dear Dottie quilt top. I think I know how I'm going to quilt it, so all I need is a backing now and I can pin baste.

Here she is in all her glory! When I made my first Dear Dottie, I made the baby size and I made it completely scrappy. No fabric used more than once. And I loved it, still do. But then I saw one on Instagram that used a more limited pallet and I couldn't get it out of my mind. So I decided to try it.

I found a bundle of fabrics from a collection I had in my stash, and I pulled a few others to add to it. I had to restrain myself from adding too much. I kept telling myself what I had would be enough. And truly I found limiting the amount of fabrics to be more difficult than just putting something else in that I felt it called for. In the end, I'm glad I did limit my fabrics. I love the effect.

I think I struggled when so many of the blocks were the same, or similar. That's where I had to tell myself it was fine and it looked good. And I think it does.
So, I now have 3 quilt tops completed and needing backs and quilting. It's going to take a while to get that done, but I love them all and cannot wait to see them quilted and on the bed. I hope you have a good rest of your week. Talk to you soon.



1 comment:

Karen S said...

This Dear Dottie quilt looks wonderful. I love the fabrics you have used and the layout. Also the different fabrics in the border. A great quilt top!