fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Marshmallows and Tiny Houses

 Two things I have done in December and am excited to share is my first attempt (successful) at marshmallows. The second is my Tiny House project. Lots of pictures so get comfy. First, the Marshmallows. I used Alton Brown's recipe and it was super simple. You do need a candy thermometer though. Here is the process in pictures:





Gelatin and water, waiting for the syrup
Pan prepared with powdered sugar and cornstarch

Syrup in the pan, waiting to boil.

Pouring hot syrup into the gelatin as the mixer is going.
Out of order, but the syrup cooking to 140 degrees
Again, dammit, out of order, thanks blogger, covering with powdered sugar
Whipping until stiff peaks form

There they are! Stiff enough. Don't want to set them up too soon.
Into the pans they go.

I used 2 8-inch square pans instead of the one 9x13. It was easier to deal with.




Again, all out of order for no apparent reason. but they were delicious and amazing and I will do them again!

Now, tiny houses. I have kept up at one per day. Here is where I am after today...

Actually, this was Monday. I am having so much fun with these, and keeping at it is easy. You can check my Instagram for all the pictures of this. I am @grammie_q and I post the house there every day.

Have a Happy and safe New Year's eve and here's hope for better things in 2021 for all of us.





1 comment:

Karen S said...

I haven't made marshmallows for years. They look delicious!!
Love those tiny houses. Well done keeping up.