fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, January 29, 2021

Here I Am

 I know it has been a whole month since I have been here, but I have really not felt like working on any quilting projects. I still mostly don't. I have been working on my tiny house project.

When I started losing interest in quilting, I wasn't worried. My mojo will return eventually, I know. It has happened before. That was when I started the tiny house project. 100 houses in 100 days. No pressure at all. It takes me 15-20 minutes to make one each day. I am using only scraps and I don't think about what to do ahead of time. I select scraps, press, sew and done.


On inauguration day, I made two houses, because my daughter suggested I make a "white house" and I had already selected patriotic fabric scraps. I have already figured out where to work this in to the final quilt.

Other than this, I have been doing some embroidery and crocheting. I am doing the Meadow Blanket CAL with Lucy of Attic 24.


And I am embroidering some veggies for my daughter who has taken up gardening in a big way in the last year. I do have two quilt tops made and I did finally make the backs so when my mojo returns, I will be ready to quilt them.

Stay safe and I hope to see you here again soon.



2 comments:

Karen S said...

What a great way to keep things ticking over when you don't particularly want to do the big stuff. Love the idea of a tiny house a day. They look great.
Your Meadow blanket is coming along very nicely.
And I still enjoy seeing the embroidered vegetables!
I think you have found some good ways to stay creative.

Celtic Thistle said...

Those tiny houses are so cute and a great way to keep that sewing mojo from escaping altogether :) Love the embroidered vegetables too.