fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Mid July

 Can you believe it's already the middle of July? My grand children go to year round schools and they start the new school year next week! When I was a kid, I remember that the middle of July meant that the summer was half over!

I have been keeping pretty busy here with sewing and such. I am still doing some sewing from scrap bins. They seem bottomless to me. But I also put together a quilt top from my Spring Chicken fabrics. 

I decided to make a colorful Irish Chain quilt. I wanted to use all the colors and as many fabrics as I could without it looking too scrappy.
I sketched it out on graph paper to get the color placement the way I wanted it. And then I chose the fabrics.
The chickens are obviously the stars of the show here. So I used up most of the chicken fabric to make this top. I still have some small pieces left.
But now that I have this done, I can't decide if I want to put a border on it. I am thinking grey if I do.
And, I also can't decide how I want to quilt it. So, even though I finished it a couple of weeks ago, it is resting on a hanger on the door, waiting for me to make these decisions that only I can make.

I seldom put borders on quilts any more, but this one might just need one. And should I quilt straight lines or curves? Maybe some swirls? I guess it just needs a bit more thought. But not to worry, I have other projects to work on until I decide. I cannot be idle. :)

Talk to you soon.


1 comment:

Karen S said...

The Spring Chicken quilt is coming along very nicely. Love those fabrics. Looking great.