fabricologist

fabricologist

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Before

 Before I hurt my back, I was sewing quilts like a maniac. The ideas just kept coming. Apparently I love sewing from my scrap bins, because that is what I have been doing for this last year a lot. I haven't really run out of ideas yet...or scraps.

Remember the little bit of green quilt? I used scraps from my grey bin and mywhite/cream bin with one square of green. I quilted it.

I began with straight lines on the diagonal, but I knew that wasn't going to be all that I would do. So I cut myself a template for a curved line which I drew on with disappearing marker. I quilted using a medium grey thread. You can see it a little better in the pictures below. The yellow is part of the pieced back.



And the grey binding is from the Spring Chicken fabric line by Sweetwater. It was the perfect grey and I had enough to do the whole quilt. I really love the result of the grey and off white in this Irish Chain quilt. I am only sorry I could not get the green square to show up better in the pictures. It looks neat in person.


The other quilt top I pieced from scrap bins was this American flag. I drew it up on graph paper and stitched it up in 16 patch blocks. I find that for me, that is the best way to make a patchwork quilt. It is hanging on my design wall now. I know how I want to quilt it, but I am not feeling better enough to pin baste a quilt just yet, and I have a couple to do. So it will wait.

Have a great weekend and I will see you soon.




1 comment:

Karen S said...

Love the way your grey quilt has worked out. That is so effective in the greys.
Great idea with the circles in the quilting, too.
Love the flag quilt. That really makes it look like it is blowing in the breeze.