fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, June 30, 2023

June is Almost Gone

 I have been so crazy busy that I haven't even thought about posting here. I have put a few pictures up on IG. But that's a quick way to do it. So here's a bit of my June for you:

We have been going to the local farmer's market on Saturday mornings. After market, we go to do the rest of our grocery shopping. It has been a great spring and early summer for fruits and veggies here.
Local Strawberries have been amazing. There's a small market near us that carries local stuff. They told me that their farmer does succession planting so their strawberry crop lasts longer. They are amazing.
I finished May for my temperature quilt. I am  half way through the June block. When I finish it, I will take a picture of all of the first 6 months together so you can see.
I learned how to grow cat grass for Jon Snow. As you can see, he loves it. It's pretty easy to grow as well.

And we celebrated B's 11th birthday with this luscious lemon cake. He loves all things sour, so this was his request. I used a lemon flavored whipped cream so I could control the sweetness. My family loves when I do that. A little sugar goes a long way.

I have a bunch more things to share with you, but I'm going to break it up into a few posts. Otherwise it's too much all at once.

See you soon.


1 comment:

Karen S said...

You are lucky to have such a great market nearby. From the look of the produce it is well worth a visit.
Your temp quilt is growing well and looking great.
Good to see some family time, especially birthdays.
You have been busy.