fabricologist

fabricologist

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Another Baby Quilt

I bought this fabric before Baby B was born, right when we first new he was a boy.

I love this.  It's Michael Miller and I thought it would be great as a back for a baby boy quilt.  But I could never come up with an idea that I liked.  Then, this week I felt a need to go with it.  I pulled a bunch of dots from a 10 inch square swap of dots and solids I had recently done and some from a layer cake and a few prints and I had this:

 I include just a few squares of the boy prints.  There are also some puppies from Sherbet Pips and some that are also Michael Miller that match the boy print.
 I am so happy with the way it turned out.  And it was very fast.  It took about 5-6 hours total from start to finish.  These pictures are before I put it through the washer and dryer to crinkle it nicely.

 The  binding is also Michael Miller...Dumb Dots blue with grey dots.  I do love all the dots going on here.

 Here is a shot of some of the puppies.  I only had a small bit of these fabrics.  I also didn't use any really small dots on this patchwork.
Quilt measures approx. 40 x 42.  Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Gill said...

Fabulous!
I love it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I want one! Do I have to make another boy baby to get one??

Denise in PA said...

It's adorable! What a great way to incorporate that blue boy print - it is a very cute fabric! Love, love, love polka dots!!

Susan said...

Love it. Baby B is going to be stylin' with that quilt!