fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Monday...and a Winner!

Happy Monday everyone.  Day 2 of my staycation.  I have lots of sewing planned for this week, and if all goes well, I'll have lots to show you all week long.  First up, I finally finished my Daisychain ABC's sampler that I bought from Alicia Paulson.  I think I started this in February or March.  Glad to have it done!

I did enjoy doing it, a bit at a time.  This just needs a frame, and it is going to live in the home of my newest grandson.

Next, I made the first of what I know will be many of the Cell Phone Wristlet pattern.  I bought the pattern from Caroline at Trilliumdesign.  I fell in love with this pattern when I saw it on a blog hop to launch the pattern.  I just had to get it.  I could not believe the pattern was sooooo easy to assemble.  I did not expect that, having made many bags and pouches before.  I had all the fabric and fusibles and the zipper.  I just needed the hardware.  I will definitely be making more of these.

 This first one is for my daughter.  She loved the one made with the Ruby Star Rising typewriter fabric.  I tried my best to copy that one.  Not perfect, but pretty good.
Here is the back.  Sorry the picture is so yellow.  Inconsistent flash is probably to blame here.  I was not asked to promote this pattern, but I do love to share when I find something I think is terrific.

Last, but not least, the winner of my scrap giveaway: comment #7 Celtic Thistle!  And here is the bundle going out to her:


This is 2 pounds of scraps just for you Fiona.  Yes, I weighed it on my kitchen scale.  Fiona is in the SMQ Bee, so I already have her address.  I made my post office Monday run this morning so I posted this along with my bee blocks.  The postman said it should get there in 7-10 days.  Let me know, Fiona.

This is the first time I have ever posted anything for overseas.  It was a great learning experience for me and the postman was very patient and helpful.

That's all for now.  Have a great Monday.

2 comments:

JustPam said...

Your sampler is beautiful! The cell phone pouch is pretty cool too.

Samantha said...

The sampler came out wonderful! and the cell pouch is so cute!