fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, September 19, 2014

Another Friday Finish

Seems like I am just humming along here lately. For so long I was working on things and now, I am getting things completed one after another. Here is today's finish:
 This quilt was not long in the making. My daughter bought this orange fabric several years ago and wanted me to make a quilt for her. Well it sat in my sewing room for all that time, until a few weeks ago when I pulled it out and said "let's get this done!"
 She shopped my stash for the blue and green fabrics for the accent stripes and the backing. The quilt design was chosen to match a quilt she had gotten from a friend a number of years ago Her friend was an art student and had spent some time studying with Denyse Schmidt. That quilt was so striking to me that I thought of it as the best way to use this orang fabric.
 An all over quilting pattern of swirls in a deep blue green Isacord set it off beautifully. I almost used the rest of the spool for all these swirls.

 And for the back, she chose this Amy Butler Alchemy print which we added a bit too. Sorry I can't remember the name of the purple dandelion print.
 She hasn't seen it yet, but after she picked the back, I had to add this green strip to get the length. It is from a Sweetwater line. The binding is more of the blues and greens pieced together.

 This will make for a cozy, colorful throw for the couch for this winter. Both sides I think are equally beautiful.

Have a great weekend. Linking up with Crazy Mom for Finish it Friday. This week's other finish is here. Take a look.

2 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I love the color combination and how stunning they all look together...sweet quilt!

Francesca Celeste said...

My mom (Kim) has been hording a piece of that same purple dandelion fabric! It's such a nice hue and fun print. Great finish, Charlotte!