fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, August 9, 2019

Goin' Bowlin'

So I have a grandson who is into bowling. He bowled in a league last year and really seemed to like it. So for his birthday this year, his mom suggested I make him a bowling shirt. She sent me some screen shots of a few styles and told me his color preferences and I was off and running.

I used my Oliver + S pattern that I had used in the past, but with a few modifications. I selected this bright green and a black fabric from Art Gallery Pure Elements. They are a bit thinner than my usual favorite Kona, and have such a nice drape.

 I decided to applique this fun little element onto the pocket. I think it adds just the right touch.
And then, with some green buttons and the name satin stitched above the pocket, he's going to be stylin' for another season of bowling. I did have to add to the length of the pattern, as he has gotten quite big in that regard, but everything else was just perfect.

I can't wait until I go visit and give it to him in a few weeks. I know he will be surprised.
Have a great Friday.

No comments: