fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Hexing Again

So I dug out my hexies this week. I wanted to revisit EPP and I do enjoy hand work. I had lots left over from the Kingfisher QAL last summer.
These are all the hexies I had left after last summer. I made my quilt with Ombre Confetti Metallic, but went on to make a bunch more hexies, just because.
 I had quite a bit of the dotted swiss left from my book club QAL so I decided to use that to make some hexies to go around the hexie flowers.
I am thinking of a grandmother's flower garden type of quilt. I don't know how big it will be. Maybe small, but definitely not too large.
 And then I began to play around with the hexies a bit, trying things out to see what I liked.
I am thinking of this as a slow, long term project. It will probably come and go a few times before it gets finished. Speaking of long term projects...
 Two more 36 patch blocks. I now have 25  made and 3 more cut out. I am having fun putting these together. I cannot wait to see this one all done.
And with that, I will say goodbye for now. Have a lovely weekend. Edited to add: I wrote this last week and apparently I forgot to hit publish. Weird. So here you go again.

No comments: