fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, June 20, 2011

Sweet Summertime

Okay, I know it isn't  officially summer until tomorrow, but it feels like it to me.  I don't mean the heat, although there is plenty of that here in North Carolina.  There is a certain something about the way the sunlight looks in the early morning.  You know what I mean?
And it makes you want to do something summery......like this:

fresh blueberry muffins

now really...doesn't that say summer?
But I did have a very productive weekend.  I took a couple of extra days so I could go to see my out-of-town grandson for his 4th birthday.  And I worked on lots of projects.  I spent most of the car ride working on my Birdie Stitches block.
almost done
I will finish it up this afternoon, almost 10 days ahead of schedule!! Yay!!  And I finished up this little project:
a pair of vests for the grandsons
This was from Oliver + s, little things to sew, a fabulous resource for the doting grandmother in me.  I also finished my sewing for the Prouty so I can get that in the mail.  Final tally is 4 sets of pot holders and 2 quilts for the fund raiser.  I managed to get in a few stitches on my Sunkissed Squares quilt as well and then started this project which I am very excited about:
This one is the Castle Peeps fabric.
this is 1001 Peeps
Both of these are for the grandsons, but I just love the colors and working with them is so much fun!  I am thinking of straight line quilting in the open area to contrast with the circles.
Hope you have a great start to your summer.

No comments: