fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WIP Wednesday-Hot July Days

Well summer is truly here. I keep reminding myself it is July after all. Yesterday was so hot I stayed inside and sewed all day long. It was awesome. So, what am I working on? Well, I don't want to spoil my Friday finish, because I know I'll be done by then, but here is a sneak peek:
 These patchwork squares finish at just 1 inch. Wait until Friday and you will see the whole thing and I will explain my creative process. This is gonna be good!
My other WIP is this rug I am making with old t-shirts. I have lots of them and I wanted to re purpose them. I found a video on You Tube, actually two videos, about how to cut a t-shirt into one big long piece and make the "yarn" for this. It is so easy. Then you just crochet with it. This is the center of my first rug. I am working on a round rug here, but I have plans for an oval rug next. This is so cool! It is thick and sturdy. I highly rocommend it for anyone who has lots of old t-shirts.
Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

3 comments:

Sparky said...

now the t-shirt rug I like that a lot...and the red or is pink..well either way ..totally cool idea

Createology said...

Tiny little 1" fabric squares all sewn into rows...whew! How fabulous your T-Shirt rug will be. I think my grandmother did something like this long ago. She was the best at repurposing everything. Summer Sparkles and Creative Bliss...

Francesca Celeste said...

I LOVE both projects and can't wait to see the finish on Friday. I am SO gonna check out those videos for the tees. I prefer knitting to crocheting though, I hope it will work!