fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, February 17, 2017

A Friday Finish...Yay!

This is the first time I have had a Friday finish in forever!! It helps that it is a small quilt top. It only measures 39x35, but I am smitten with it.
 After I finished all the hearts and put the rows together, I felt that it needed a border of the pink. There wasn't enough pink! So I added a 2 1/2 inch border and I am happy with that.
 I am going to bind it with a medium blue to bring out the flowers and also to give it a proper place for the eye to stop since the pink is so pale.
 I really love this fabric. It all started last week before Valentine's Day, but I am crushing on heart quilts right now.
And I am piecing all the scraps from the hearts to add to the back. I was inspired by Amanda Jean's new book.
Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Walkers Road Quilts said...

Such soft, subtle colours. It is very pretty.

=0)jessica said...

Very nice! I love the soft colors.