fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, May 16, 2019

A New Catitude

I have lived with my sister for 2 years now, I can can honestly say that she has come a long way in her understanding of quilting and sewing and all the components thereof.  I was working on a quilt for a friend in need awhile back and needed a few fabrics in blue, to augment my stash. My sister went to the LQS with me and found a line of fabrics called Cat-I-Tude. She fell in love and bought some of the ones she liked best. This is the post about what I made for her with those fabrics.

 She wanted a messenger bag made with some of the cats on the panel. I did not have a pattern, but I have made enough bags now, to come up with a plan. This is the front with the flap down.
 This is the beautifully striking paisley fabric for the sides and the bottom of the bag. It was in long strips and the colorful dots that were a part of that particular design became the strap for the bag.
 This shot is with the flap opened up so you can see the blue paisley lining that was also a coordinating fabric in the line. Also, there is a different set of cats underneath the flap.
 These are what I call the cat-cessories that go with the bag: two small pouches for business cards and any other small items you don't want banging around in the bottom of your bag.
And lastly, the beautiful kitty on the back of the bag.  Glad you dropped by. I will talk to you again soon.

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love that line of fabric.......

Karen S said...

Lovely way to use those panels. The bag looks great.