fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, April 10, 2020

Rain Rain Go Away

It has been raining here. All. Week. Long. We have apparently received another 1.5 inches overnight last night. Ark building may be the next task here if it doesn't stop soon. There is water in the basement that we can't even deal with until this stops. What a week.

 So, in no particular order, since Blogger just re-ordered my photos, I am working on this cute little stitchery from Liz at Cozy Blue. I usually just buy the PDF versions and trace them onto cloth myself. A Grammie's limited income you know.
 Made a couple of masks for some friends. I have been doing this a bit. Someone calls or texts and asks, and then I sew a few up. I just can't bring myself to crank them out. But I am doing my part.
 I made myself this one to try out this style. I put a layer of Pellon 809 init for body and a bit of extra filter protection. I have made a few of these. I have been splitting elastic since all I have is 3/4 inch wide elastic. So far it's working. I did make one with ties to try that technique out. I love having options.
 I started quilting the heart quilt this week. It's the kind of small quilt I can usually do quickly, but my engine seems to be stuck in low gear right now. Everything is in slow motion.
 I am working on some new pillow covers for my daughter. I made up these 4 Dear Dottie blocks for the first one. It will need a thin-ish border to be the right size. I plan to make 5 different covers using block techniques that I want to play with on a smaller than a quilt scale. This one is fun!
 I baked Challah bread yesterday from the Smitten Kitchen recipe. It made two loaves that grew so huge they grew together on the pan. The taste was great and I will definitely bake this again, but I will cut the recipe in half to make a single loaf next time. It was way too much bread for our household.
 Last weekend I baked a Country French Loaf from a King Arthur recipe. I baked it in my cast iron Dutch oven. A very good bread for toasting, sandwiches and garlic bread.
 I decided that since I have tons of earrings and I used to wear a different pair every day back in my working days, I would post and wear a different pair every day on my Instagram, until I get through them all. These were my earrings from my cancer days.
And there was one miracle morning where the sun shone so brightly for just a few moments before the clouds and the rain came back. It was awesome!
I hope you have a good weekend my friends. Stay safe.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

I am so sorry to read about the rain causing so many problems. There is enough to deal with, without that being added in.
I am pleased you have kept your stitching projects going along. Love seeing that cosy blue embroidery.
All the best.