fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, April 30, 2020

It's Thursday and I Have Pillow Covers to Show You

So my daughter got her pillow covers in the mail this morning, so now I can show all of them to you.
 Okay, so Blogger re-ordered my pictures, so in no particular order...This is the quilting on one of the pillow covers. My daughter and I exchanged lots of photos via text, so she could choose fabrics from my stash.
 I just had to buy some fabrics for the backs, and I bought these tree on sale. They are similar in color to the colors she chose for the fronts. All have zippers, also from my stash, and a zipper covering flap that is one of the fabrics on the front of the cushion cover.
 Here are all five together. Some fabrics repeated in each pillow, to make them a set without really being identical. That was the goal.

 I did this one so I could play with hexagons again. On such a small scale it was really fun. That was also the point of this project. Fun stuff on a small scale.
 This was the first one I made. I have been wanting to do some more Dear Dottie blocks since I made the first quilt. I had bought some of Tula Pink's Monkey Wrench fabrics because I fell in love with the bananas and then a couple to go with the bananas, of course. My daughter fell in love with these fabrics too. These were the colors she chose.
 I had been wanting to do some little houses in something with a smaller scale and again, this fit the bill perfectly. That is almost the last bit of Squared Elements fabric I have from when it first came out and I bought it in almost every color.
 This pretty Art Gallery yellow is a Maureen Cracknell design. I didn't know that when I ordered it, but I fell in love when I saw it.
 This cutie was made with a Fabric Mutt pattern tutorial. I showed a pillow cover I made a few weeks ago with this pattern in different colors. I couldn't not make another one. This one has some hand quilting on it as well as some machine quilting. It just sang out for some hand work.
 This is the one from the picture with the machine above. Coincidentally, the turquoise dots is a Tula Pink fabric I had forgotten I had.
 The rest of these are the backs of the covers. I wanted them to be as pretty as the fronts were.

And now, my job here is done. They have been put on the pillows, and the pillows are on the couch. And I made my daughter pretty happy. And that makes me happy.
Talk to you all soon.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

They are wonderful. What a lovely, bright collection. A happy addition to your daughter's home.