fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, July 16, 2020

July Thoughts

I like to come here and post the goings on in my quilty life, and sometimes the rest of my life. It's interesting to go back and read old posts, to see where I have been, when I am not sure where I am going. This has definitely been the toughest year of my life so far, with all the things going on in the world. And yes, I can say that even having had cancer 5 years ago. I had at least some idea of the outcome then. I don't have any idea of the outcome now.
So I hunker down, here at home. I am missing my family so much and there is nothing I can do about it. I am hoping by spring I can finally make a visit there, but there are no guarantees. We video chat, but you know it's not the same. There is always something you forget to say or ask about. And there are no hugs.
I am working on many projects, keeping busy. I have finished Christmas ornaments for the grandchildren and am now working on Christmas gifts and other small things. These are the blocks for my new Dear Dottie quilt. I need to get back to it after a month of making more masks and other things.
I am ever so thankful for Rachel Hauser and the Penney Sampler Pattern Club. I get several MPP blocks per month to work on and I look forward to those so much. We are now at the halfway point.

I watch the news, sparingly. Too much and I worry more and sleep less easily at night. I know what's going on in the world and it's a rough go right now. I am trying to do better and I spend a lot of time thinking while I am sewing. I am reading and listening. I often wish I had a magic wand to make things better for everyone. I do not understand why some people are the way they are. What makes hatred live inside of some, and not others?

My spring craft fair was cancelled. There are two coming up this fall that they say will happen, but I don't feel comfortable with this. Told to bring my own hand sanitizer? Nope. So I have made the tough decision that I am done with craft fairs. It started as a way to make money to support my crafty habits and help pay for plane tickets home once a year. I am over this.

That said, I have a ton of stuff here that I do not want to see sit here and just gather dust. I am trying to work out a way that I can sell this stuff (no Etsy shop, this is a one time deal) and if I can, I will then split whatever I make with a charity 50-50. I am leaning toward the Black Women's Health Imperative. I believe that all women need good health care and black women are so very often left behind. This is my chance to help a bit with that, and I want to.

So, soon I will be announcing the how of the sale of my items. I have bags, pouches, phone stands and many other things I have made. I will probably have to do this over more than one platform, but I will post that here as well. I need to inventory my stock and take some new pictures. And figure out shipping, although flat rate seems the way to go. If you have any suggestions for me, let me know.

I will talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

It sure is a tricky time. You are so right when you say we do not know the outcome. I hate not being able to plan ahead. And I have to agree that missing family is the hardest. Good luck with your sale plans.