fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, July 27, 2020

Project Catch Up

So I have been busy with lots of different projects here. I want to share just a couple of them today.
This is the top left corner of my Dropcloth sampler. I am have such fun with this. It's like coloring with thread. It is a slow, peaceful hand project.
I cleaned and reorganized my sewing space recently and I found this fat eighth bundle that I have had for goodness knows how long. I won it when I lived in NC. The color pallet is not really my preference, but it is pretty. My middle daughter loves these deep colors so she will be the winner of a new quilt. There is a picture below of the top, but blogger re-ordered my photos and I can't seem to get it the way I'd like.
This is one of the July blocks for my Penny Sampler Pattern Club. We are now 7 months in and it is getting exciting to see things come together.
I took all my leftover yarn that is either pink or purple to start a blanket for Miss N. Her two favorite colors. This pattern is from Lucy at Attic 24. It is the cosy stripe blanket and it crochets up pretty quickly. I am one third of the way done here.
This is the clover block, the other July block for the Penny Sampler. July was a quick and easy month for this club. The other thing we did was to cut filler blocks, which are mostly 6.5 inch squares to be placed throughout the quilt.
Here, at last we come to the completed quilt top. I made strip sets and was able to get three blocks from each set. This is just a pretty lap size quilt. The borders are some Ombre Confetti Metallic I had on hand. I made the back on Friday, also from fabric on hand. This is a stash quilt for sure. I will pin baste and begin quilting this week.
The last project I have to share is my second Dear Dottie quilt. I have done all the other block combinations of lights and darks and colors. This is the last. The white borders and the colors. I have to make 53 of these blocks, and each one has 4 sections. I got all of them cut out and began assembly last week.
This is what I have so far. This quilt will not be as scrappy looking as the previous one I did. I wanted to do one with a controlled pallet ever since I made the first one. This project got lots of attention this past week, so now, it's going to take a back seat for a bit while I tend to some others.
Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

I am still loving that sampler. It gets better every time you show it.
And the crochet blanket is gorgeous in those colours!
Great result with your stash quilt. That has worked.
I am impressed with all the work done with the curved blocks, too. Wow!