fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Thanksgiving Prep

So I started my thanksgiving prep on Sunday. One of the first things I made was this golden syrup. I found several recipes on line for this. It is a product usually found in the UK. They use it for many things. Smitten Kitchen recommends it for pecan pie. I decided to try and make it because the imported version is tough to find and very expensive.

Now, thanks to Blogger my pictures are once again re-ordered. So this is a picture of an embroidery piece from the garden book.
And this is my rendition of the radish piece. This is the first of many from this book that I hope to complete. They are very detailed and beautifully done in the book.
And lastly, for now, I made some Brioche hamburger buns for our dinner last night. Recipe is from King Arthur. Not difficult, but you do need a stand mixer. They need 15-20 minutes of kneading in the mixer. Your arms would fall off. But they turned out lovely and very tasty. I put seeds on half and left half plain.
Now I need to make my list for the rest of my prep over then next few days. I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving, even if it is smaller than normal. I know that next year will be better. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

I have not thought of making golden syrup. I suppose there is no need as it is always available here. Hope it tastes great. Lovely radish embroidery and beautiful work. And you to the buns!