fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, March 19, 2021

Friday Finish, and More

 I don't think I have posted a Friday Finish since Amanda Jean stopped blogging. I used to try and have at least a little something every Friday back then. But here we are at Friday, and I have finished something this week.

My Tiny House quilt top is done! It finished at 30"x34". For those who don't know the back story, I started this project as a 100 days challenge to myself. I needed motivation to sew daily, and I needed it to be something small. The tiny houses are 2 inches by 2 1/2 inches. There are actually 101 of them, because on inauguration day I made a tiny white house as well as my usual tiny house. I cannot say enough about how much fun this project was for me. I made myself some rules and stuck to them. I highly recommend such a challenge for anyone trying to keep their creativity going.

I also finished my Meadow blanket that I did as a crochet along with Lucy of Attic 24. I love her crocheted blankets and they are fun to watch them grow as you work.


This is the whole blanket in a color story layout that Lucy designed. Check out her blog if you want to know more about it.



I also have a couple more things to show you today. I started another block a day project while doing the tiny houses. I made pink string blocks to use up a bunch of pink scraps that were calling me.


And now it is finished and waiting to be joined together into a quilt top. Blocks will finish at 8 inches square. I have a couple more things going on, but I think I will save them for next time. Take care of yourself and have a good weekend.



2 comments:

Karen S said...

Wow, all these finishes.
Your tiny house quilt is wonderful. I love how different all the houses are and of course the special white house.
And your Meadow blanket is gorgeous. Beautiful crochet work from you.
And a great finish with the strings, too. Great combinations.
You have been busy.

Melody A. said...

Beautiful work, the Tiny House quilt is so intricate and I love that you put a Tiny White House. I love Lucy and her Crochet work, just wonderful and your Meadow blanket turned out perfect. I have never tried string blocks but I love the pink color scheme. One of my favorites. take care. Happy Sewing from Iowa!