fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Welcome to Wednesday

Trying to get back into the habit of blogging more regularly. I can almost always have something to say, but I have become lazy with sitting at the computer and putting it down here. It is finally spring here and even though it is not as warm as I would like it, the days do seem sunnier and things are blooming.

These beautiful lavender are blooming in the front yard. The bees are all over them on any given day. I love all the purple goodness.

I have been baking. This key lime pie was one of three I baked for Pi day. I also baked a pecan pie and an apple pie. We ate pie every day for almost a week here. Glorious, but now, back to reality.

I had tons of ripe bananas and a bunch also in the freezer, so I baked three loaves of banana bread. Some will go to friends, and one got wrapped and frozen for now. I cannot seem to let any bananas go to waste.

And I stitched this little lovely from Liz at Cozy Blue. She has many lovely stitcheries in her shop. I believe most, if not all, fit into a six inch hoop, where you can leave them if you like. They are fun to hang just like this. I fell in love with the bees and have been eyeballing this one for months. I am so glad I got it. This one was so much fun to do.

I am happy to report that my 100 Days tiny house project was a success, not just in that I finished it, but it really did give me time and space to wait for my sewing mojo to return. Since I finished the tiny houses top, which is now ready for quilting, I have quilted my Penny Sampler quilt. I just finished it yesterday. It needs binding. I have pulled fabrics for a new baby quilt for someone, and I am excited about these and other new projects that are on the horizon. Tiny houses was clearly, just what I needed.

So, I will return here soon with more projects to share with you. Happy Wednesday.




1 comment:

Karen S said...

Delicious. Key Lime pie is one of my favourite indulgences when we visit SC. No-one makes it here.
Your stitchery is gorgeous. Such a lovely design.
Glad to see you wanting to sew again.