fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Sunday Cloudy Sunday

 Woke up to grey, cloudy skies this morning. I don't really mind. It doesn't mean rain, living here in southern California. We are in a drought right now. That is one of the hardest things to get used to here, is the lack of rain. Back home, a cloudy day was usually the precursor to rain. Not so here.

These beauties are blooming in the back yard on the patio. These pictures were taken on a sunny day.

When fully open, they are as large as my open hand. And if you don't cut them to bring inside, the blooms last for days.

Even this sweet little cactus plant is blooming right now. Spring is spring, no matter where you are. It's just different here than what I am used to.

The Meadow CAL is pretty much done. Now I have to work the 6 rounds of the border. I am currently on round number 4.
This is the tomato embroidery I did for my daughter from the garden embroidery book. I had been doing these with an eye towards her framing them, but now, we are considering making a quilt out of them. It will be awhile before all of the one I want to do get done, though.

Another picture of the Meadow blanket. The picture really doesn't do the colors justice. They are just so pretty.

And here are my tiny houses through yesterday. Only 4 more to go. I am starting to auditing sashing fabrics for this. I am quite excited to get it all put together. Soon, I will be able to show it to you.

Have a lovely Sunday friends.




1 comment:

Karen S said...

Your rose is beautiful.They seem to thrive no matter how harsh the conditions.
And your Meadow blanket is lovely. Six rows doesn't sound like much, but it will take a while to get around each time. Nearly there!
I agree that the garden embroideries would look great in a quilt. Keep at it.
And the houses are totally adorable!