fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

A Little More Hand Work

I'm sewing quite a bit right now.I have 3 quilts in progress. But hand work has my heart. I found these adorable little creations on Snuggly Monkey and just had to try one.

Thank you Blogger for re-ordering my pictures. Not worth the hassle to fix, but anyway, you get the idea.
These are by Kiriki Press out of Canada. You get everything you need in the kit to make a tiny hand held stuffie. You just need a six inch hoop and scissors.
There are 3 levels of stitchery. 1 being the easiest and 3 the most difficult. This is Fiesta Cat, she is a level 2. I have don tons of embroidery, so I didn't find this too difficult. Just read the directions carefully before you start.
And this is a picture that comes in the kit to show how the finished animal should look. You can Google Kiriki Press to find stockists near you. So. Much. Fun.

My last item for today is this: I bought a chambray shirt on line to embroider.


 

When I was a teenager (way back in the early 70's) we used to embroider flowers and such on our jeans and chambray shirts bought just for that purpose. I thought about it one day and just decided to jump in an do it. My skills have come a long way since then, and I am enjoying this. Can't wait to get it done so I can start wearing it!

Well, that's all for now. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Your cat looks great! Seeing it in your hand gives a perfect sense of size.
Yes, I remember all the embroidered clothes from my late teen years.
That is lovely work on your shirt.