fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Little Houses

 Scrolling through IG one day, I saw these cute little house blocks. They are bigger than my tiny house blocks, but simple and oh so cute. Perfect for using up some scraps. The ones in the picture were such soft colors that I fell in love. I'm sorry I didn't think to write down the owner of the post. It wasn't someone I normally follow, just a rabbit hole I fell into. Anyway, I made a bunch of blocks in some soft colors to start with.


I made 12 blocks into a little quilted piece that has colors that remind me of the early morning sky. Mu husband says it's very beachy.

This is obviously the back. Sometimes, Blogger re-orders my photos for me. Yeesh!

Anyway, this is the front. Pride month is almost here and I do love a good rainbow. And it has already been gifted! So win win.

Then I did some blue houses for daughter number 2 in shades of Carolina blue, and similar blue shades. Daughter number 1 suggested quilting in the words "nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina" so I did.And it turned out so cute!

Daughter number 1 had really taken up gardening since the pandemic and this year she bought herself a John Deere tractor mower. They have a very big yard, so this was a great purchase. Her houses are full of flowers, like greenhouses. and I just had to figure out how to make a tractor! The bits of chicken fabrics are a nod to the chickens she would like to have some day.

So, that is my collection of little house quilts. There may be more. I just might not be done with these cuties yet. See you soon.


No comments: