fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, May 30, 2022

Hand Work

Thought I would share some of the hand work I have been doing lately. I love having something to work on in the late afternoon and early evening while sitting with my hubby. Here are some of the recent projects.

I finished the embroidery on my chambray shirt. I put this cute little bee on the front pocket. I drew it freehand after looking at a bunch of different images on line.
And all these flowers across the yoke in the back were stitched over some loosely drawn designs, mostly for placement purposes. It's so soft and comfy. I love it!

Next, I have found a new embroidery pattern artist. She has her stuff available on Etsy at BeCo Productions. I bought several patterns that are delivered as PDF files. I printed them and traced them onto fabric to stitch.


 

She has several like this one of the cherries. You put it into a larger hoop to stitch it, and when you frame it, you put it into a smaller 6 inch hoop which causes the design to run off the edges. It looks pretty cool.

I added the yellow knots to the flowers. They just looked naked to me. I also stitched the leaves with a fish bone stitch instead of the straight stitch she indicated. These stitcheries are very accommodating in that way. I have two more I am working on, which I will share when they are done.

The last thing I have to share is another Keriki Press animal. This is one my daughter started and she got tired of the weaving for the jacket.


Here is the beaver sitting next to Fiesta Cat. He turned out adorable, but he was a beast to complete. He is a level 3 kit, and those are the hardest to do. They sure are cut though.

Thanks for dropping by. See you soon.

No comments: