fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

My Missing U Quilt is Finished!

 

Remember this? It wasn't very long ago that I started this and now it's finished and on my bed, just in time for the cold weather we're supposed to get this week.

And here it is all quilted and crinkled from the dryer. I love so much how this turned out. There are so many of my favorite fabrics in this quilt. Some new, some old, some from clothing I made.

It's all quilted with wavy lines that I did with my walking foot on my Bernina. I was scared to start this hug beast, but I have to say it went better than I expected.
The top half was all done with pink Aurifil thread, 40 weight. The bottom half was done with a blue-green Aurifil 40 weight. This spot is where the two met on the quilt.

This is the quilting on the back. The light is making this look grey, but it is navy blue in reality. The thread on the back is Aurifil variegated pink to an orange red.

So, one more done! Talk to you soon.



2 comments:

Megan said...

That's beautiful!!

Karen S said...

Another fantastic finish. Great to see all the colour in this quilt. It looks love spread across the bed. Very cheerful.