fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I am still quilting every chance I get, trying like crazy to finish up some of those quilt tops I have lying around. Much progress is being made.  Here is today's installment.

 I am quilting my Spools quilt. This is a quilt pattern by Camille Roskelly. I fell in love with it when I saw it. The stacked off-set spools are so cute and just a bit different from most spool quilts.
 This one is getting quite a bit of quilting, as seems to be what my quilts are crying out for these days.
 I am doing a swirl around the main spool part, to imitate thread. The ends of the spools are getting quilted base on the fabric in them. Small stripes for this one...
      ...and round doodles for the one with the polka dots.  I am loving this quilt already.
The white sashing is going to be figure 8s. I am about half way done with this baby and hopefully I can have it done in about another week. The fabric I used was a fat eighth of Fig Tree's Strawberry Fields.
Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.

4 comments:

Rose Smith Quilts said...

Lovely quilting on the spools quilt. It's always fun doing lots of different quilting designs, isn't it!

Amy said...

Gorgeous! I have been wanting to make this quilt also. but first I must finish my WIP's

Sara said...

beautiful quilting for a pretty precious quilt:)

Susan said...

love the material & the quilting. this is going to be a gorgeous quilt when complete!