fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Thursday Catch Up

I have been home for a week and a half now and I have been doing some sewing! Yay. I have a couple of quilts in the works and also some garment sewing.

 First thing I made wast this pencil pouch for my oldest grandson. While I was in NC, we went back to school shopping but he couldn't find one he loved. So Grammie to the rescue. The TNT is his request. It is from Minecraft. Yellow is his favorite color.
ANd inside are the dapper foxes. The one with the glasses reminds me of him. I am told it arrived yesterday and that there was much rejoicing!
 Next, I ordered this Amy Butler fabric to make us some new napkins. We began using cloth napkins only about 6 years ago when I had to make 100 for my daughter's wedding. I made some for us at the time and they have been used and laundered a lot.
 Here is the set of 8 that I made. I just cut and hemmed. They were cut at about 18 inches and hemmed with a quarter inch turned under twice.
I used a coral color Aurifil to accent and went around twice to add a bit of decorative interest to the napkins. I have more fabric to make another set of 8. They are cut out, but not hemmed yet.
 Then there is this quilt that I made for my sister for her birthday. I am finally quilting it. This is the pixelated rose quilt a free pattern from Riley Blake.
         Hard on the knees and hips, but I got down to pin baste this thing.
 It only took me about an hour or so to get the whole thing basted. It looks so different up close.
These are the colors I have chosen to quilt it with. I plan to do some artsy quilting to accent the roses and the leaves. I have started it, but I will wait until it is done to show you.
Then there are these nine blocks that are being made into a baby quilt. The block is from Amy Gibson's Quilt Block Cookbook. A great book if you haven't seen it yet.
 And last, but not least is the September lesson from the Penny Sampler Quilt. This month we are tackling MPP, or machine paper piecing. We had to make two teacups.
 It was very challenging, and sometimes a bit frustrating. This one was the first and I ended up with it being a bit short on the top, so I added a bit to it. Not sure if I will go back and fix it properly, but I needed a break for now.
The other paper piecing project for this month is the diamonds in a row at the top of this quilt. I am LOVING those!! They were much easier than the tea cups.
That's all for now. Have a great Thursday friends.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are a busy bee!!! Your quilt will be so lovely when quilted. I just finished a fleece blanket with the ties all round so I can relate to your knees. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from visitors to my blog. Please let me know you have been here.