fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Did You Miss Me?

 I knew I hadn't posted in awhile. I was surprised to see it had been so long though. I am still chugging through my days here. We started walking in the mornings before my husband leaves for work. We are up to 2 miles a day, and will probably not add distance any longer, but are aiming for a little bit of speed. It has been 3 weeks now, and that's about how long since I have been here, so that's my excuse. Lol.

I still sew almost every day, even if it's only a little bit. I have 4 different quilts under construction right now. The first is my Penny Sampler Club quilt. This is a year long project.

This is the Bridges block. I decided to use the Ombre Bloom fabric that I used for the Hanging Diamonds block. I thought It might add some continuity. These are the only two blocks with this fabric in them. The other August blocks are the small square penny candy blocks. When I went to pull fabrics for them, I discovered that I did not have enough background fabric for them, so I am waiting for my Kona Lake fabric to arrive. Those may become September blocks.

The second quilt I am working on is my version of Amanda Jean's Scrap Happy Rails from her book No Scrap Left Behind. I saw that someone had posted theirs on Instagram a couple of weeks ago and I was instantly smitten and had to start one. Funny thing though, I just looked at their quilt and figured out how to make it, before I even realized that it was Amanda Jean's. As soon as I finally noticed the one hashtag, I laughed and got my copy of the book out to look it up. So much easier than doing all the math.

I got out my red, blue, green, yellow, and teal scrap bins and cut all of the strips for the quilt in a couple of sessions. Then I worked on my strip sets and cutting them to size. Yesterday, I attached all the strip sets to the large piece, making my 36 blocks. I have my layout done and will start sewing them together today.

I will take pictures as I go, so I can share that with you soon. I will be back to discuss my other quilts in progress. Have a good Tuesday.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Well done on the walking. A very good habit to develop.
The bridge block looks great and the colours for the strip sets are wonderful.