fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, December 16, 2022

Christmas Quilt is Done!

 So, after baking off a bunch of cookies this morning, I finished quilting and binding my Christmas quilt.

I decided to quilt it in a swirly design, but I tried to make the swirls bigger than I have in the past, so that the quilt would be softer for snuggling under this winter. The sweet little Tomte just made the quilt for me. I had the pattern from Moss and Lotus a few years back and with this little bit of green in a mostly red and white quilt, they stand out.
Look at all that crinkly goodness. And it is pretty soft too. All of the fabrics in this quilt came from my stash. I usually buy a few Christmas fabrics every year, but I don't always do anything with them. This year I decided to pull them all out and see what I could come up with.
It's hard to see, and it doesn't photograph well either, but I quilted some words in the quilt. I like to do that sometimes. This quilt says: Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Feliz Navidad, and Buon Notale.
This is as close as I could get, to a picture of the entire front of the quilt on this dark, cold, rainy day.
The backing is Tinsel, by Rashida Coleman Hale from 2015. I bought a bunch of it from Cindy at Live a Colorful Life last year when she was destashing.  You can kind of see the letters from Buon Natale here, but they are backwards.

This shows how weird the light was this afternoon. This looks more blue, than the minty green that it really is.
The binding you can see here is the same fabric in white background as the backing. Again, I bought this from Cindy. It turned out to be the perfect binding. I didn't have a good green, which was my first thought and the reds and whites would get lost.
     The quilting here almost makes it appear that the wind is going to blow his hat away.
This is the first use for my new labels that I got from the Dutch Label Shop. It is a woven label, and the first time I have had a colored label instead of black and white. I wrote the year on the back.
These are the four color catchers I threw in the wash with the quilt and a couple of towels. I knew with all that red fabric there might be an issue. But they did their job. Have a great weekend and I hope to see you soon.


1 comment:

Karen S said...

Yay!!! Great to see your Christmas quilt completed. It has turned out looking great. Love all the fabrics!